Friday, April 18, 2008

Show Anxiety

I guess show anxiety is starting to set in.
My mind is racing from one thing to another. I leave in a week.
Do I have enough of each product in each color glaze? Will the weather in the Georgia mountains be good again for the show this year? Are they going to put me in the same general spot I was in last year?
There's more going through my mind, but it races through so fast, I cannot always catch the thought.
Anyhow, today is the day my older brother and his family leave eastern Massachussets and begin their trip south to visit. The boys have Spring Break. They will take their time driving and stop in North Carolina for the weekend to visit with my younger brother and his family. They will arrive here on Monday.
My older brother's creativity is incredible. He was a fine Art/Photography major at the NY State College of Ceramics at Alfred University. He then went on and got his Masters in Computer Science. He has done beautiful blown glass, gorgeous sterling silver jewelry, made wonderful macrame pieces back in the 1970's, and his home now shows his detail oriented woodwork. He has made some of the most beautiful furniture, as well as laying the floors in the family room and their bedroom with Maple and Mahogony. If I can get ahold of some photos, I'll post them.
I need to attend to my porcelain, molds need emptying. I shall return...

No comments: