Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Getting Started

Let me introduce myself.
My name is Cindy Earl Higgins and I live in South Carolina.
I am a designer of porcelain pottery. I use a black porcelain and call my product Ebonyware. Most of what I make is mugs and other functional tableware. When I figure out this blog, I will add some photos.
I do not use a potters wheel. I instead make models and molds and cast the pieces. I worked for several years in the Industrial Ceramics field and that is what I learned. When in high school, I was never able to center the clay on the wheel.
Right now I am preparing for a show in Clayton, GA on the 26 & 27 of this month. I am excited. It was a great show for me last year and I love the town.
If you can come, it will be on Main Street in Clayton, rain or shine.

No comments: