Friday, February 27, 2009

Friday ramblings


I know, it is not Autumn anymore. I took this photo last fall and just never used it for anything. I wanted to take a picture of the Dwarf Iris that are in bloom in the garden but it was raining. Maybe tomorrow.
When I went to dinner with my friend Lisa last week, she mentioned joining Facebook. I took the time a couple of days ago and signed up. There are people there that I have not seen for years!
I wish I had a nicer photo of myself to post, but all I have is the one my nephew DragonBen took last August. (Although he just took the one I have here now (in the purple shirt) last Thursday, so I cahnged them both here and on Facebook!)
Speaking of DragonBen, at age 9 he has been selected to represent his school for National Youth Art Month with his work included in a county display at the Anderson Arts Center Warehouse! We are not sure which piece has been entered, it was submitted by his Art teacher. We go to the opening reception on Sunday afternoon. We are not sure how many from each school there are, but the show has work from grades K - 12 all across the county.
I have hit a small creative block. I had an idea for decorating my porcelain and stoneware pieces, and I nearly obsessed about finding disposable eye-droppers. Then a friend got me some droppers from work and I cannot get my mind around just how to do what I want to do. I am not liking what I see in the unfired pieces. It is frustrating me.
I need to find someone who can make my models and molds for me... I can do it, but I don't have the tools and equipment available here. I can provide drawings... But I cannot afford most model & mold makers pricing (well worth the price, just out of my meager budget).
Enough of my ramblings... if I can take a photo at the Arts Warehouse, I will post it Sunday night or Monday.
Oh, and this week I was nominated and appointed as the Secretary of the Pendleton Area Business Association for 2009... all in about 2 minutes.

No comments: