Saturday, September 4, 2010

A technical question for my clay friends & followers

I was preparing to place an order for my favorite clear cone 6 glaze last night and discovered that after 21 years of using it, the company has discontinued it!

Ebonyware Roly & Straight Sake Cups
If you notice, the inside of my pieces have a clear glaze, and on the Ebonyware, it enhances the blackness of the clay...
Well, to my dismay, I have tried many other clear cone 6 glazes over the years, and they either make the black clay look very brownish or they are milky/cloudy no matter the thinness or thickness I apply them.
My question to all of you out there in the blogosphere is can you recommend a crystal clear cone 6 glaze that I can try???  I would rather not change that aspect of my work (the look, that is).  Last year it was the company I got my porcelain from going out of business!  Luckily for me, I found a better source closer for an equally wonderful clay!  Let's hope that with your help and my determination, I can find the right clear glaze as well!
Thanking ALL of you so very much in advance for whatever direction you can direct me in!

No comments: