Thursday, October 10, 2019

Good-byes are hard

This has been a rough year for some of the furry friends I take care of off and on through the year.

Last year, one sweet kitty - Sophie got sick and was not able to be saved.  Her people adopted another, equally as sweet kitty named Mocha. Sadly, Mocha too got very sick (different problem) and was not able to be saved. Both of these girls were close to my heart and I miss them dearly. Their "brother" Rocky is still here and as charming as ever.

Tuesday, an 11 year-old pup I have known since she was adopted by her people also crossed the Rainbow Bridge. She was the sweetest yellow lab I have known.  And, like her "sisters" Cleo & Savannah before her, Sandie stole my heart. She was part of my best friend's family.

Even when the fur babies are not your own, it is easy to become very attached.

My heart breaks and tears come to my eyes as well.

No comments: