Friday, December 31, 2010

Goodbye to 2010

As I look back at this past year, it has been filled with so many things.

There have been ups and downs with Mom's cancer journey, and the year ends on an up note.  They have reduced the dosage of her chemo treatments and taken out the PICC line (to be replaced on Monday with a 'permanent' port.)  There seem to be no signs of the nodules at this time.  Her blood work was good before her chemo on Wednesday, so she did not need a Neulasta shot on Thursday.  She continues to gain her strength and be able to do more.  We can only hope that the new year will continue to bring good news.

I have had my ups and downs with my creative muse this past year.  I started off the year with winning an award for the best of show in pottery at the Spring show I do in Clayton, GA.  I wanted to use my prize money to take a wheel throwing class, but my teacher got some sort of stomach bug and had to cancel.  Then, I needed my prize money to pay some bills... My brother in MA was down for a visit, and took one of my drawings home with him to turn on the lathe.  I now have my larger mug... if I can get past the handles breaking off before they are finished... That itself has gotten me in another creative slump... I need to take the time to work on the handle a bit more so it will cooperate...  And my brother has given me the gift of making 3 additional models for me.  I just have to decide which ones other than a tea pot that I would like made...

Work has been rewarding.  I love working with the public, and teaching creative classes.  My sister Terri & I have had to take on more responsibilities at the store because Mom is not able to come in often.  And Dad is taking more time to help Mom as needed.  We have a wonderful clientele.

My health has been generally good.  

My family is wonderful!  We have had visits from all of the siblings this past year... wish we all lived a bit closer to one another!  We plan to have a family reunion in 2011, I am looking forward to that!

I don't like to make resolutions, I know I cannot keep them.  I just want to strive to be a better person and to grow creatively.  

Thank you all for following my blog.  I hope to get a bit more organized in the future.

I wish you all a wonderful New Year!

No comments: