Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Out with the old...In with the new

 


My old vehicle (blue) needed a new head gasket. It is 15 years old (I owned it for 10 1/2) and has 122,000+ miles. A new head gasket would start at about $3,000. It was time to take the money and invest it in something that will hopefully last me another 10+ years. 

So here is the new-to-me, 3 year old (red) vehicle to get me around as needed. A pretty little Buick Encore. It is a little bit smaller, but still big enough for me to fit show supplies in (should I be accepted), as well as being able to transport more than one passenger at times.

It is a bit daunting having car payments again  after a few years without them, but, it is worth the investment.


These little owls are the only 6 remaining after an initial batch of 15. The rest have flown off to their new homes. I am making more!


This little turtle was a headache to make, I love it, but need to find a way to make it less fiddley. For now, it is a one-of-a-kind. I have at least 5 or 6 people interested in it... 

I hope you all are having a good Spring, Summer is just around the corner. Time has been flying by so fast! I have cats and snails and gnomes and this turtle to start glazing tonight... It keeps me out of too much trouble! Behave yourselves 'til next time... - C.



No comments: