Friday, October 1, 2010

This 'n That


I have been a little remiss about posting regularly.  But life has been busy.

We have been teaching two 5-week series of beading classes at the store... (just finished week 4, one week off and then two more 5-week series begin...)

Working on Kumihimo Braids... look at that concentration!
And we were planning, preparing and teaching a big class (21 ladies) lats Friday night  at our favorite pizza place, NEW YORK PIZZA (on Civic Center Blvd. in Anderson, SC) in conjunction with a Rubber stamp convention that was in town...

Make & Takes over the weekend at the store...















My pottery has suffered from neglect, my items to ship out are sitting un-packaged, my energy level has been almost nil.  My creative muse has left the building again...  I feel a little lost.

One thing that has continued to inspire me and caught my eye is the sky.  The cloud formations and the way light plays upon them...


Rain in the distance...

The sunset's reflections on the clouds

The sunset over Pier One Imports last week...

I took today to just re-charge and try to get motivated again...

My apologies to those of you waiting patiently for some of my pottery or jewelry, it all has just  been sitting here while I was concentrating my energies toward the family business.  I have not forgotten you, I will get things moving again on Sunday.  It is my next day off from work and I can concentrate on enticing my creative muse to come back and help me finish projects long overdue.

Thank you to my friends who have been there for me, whether on-line or in person, your friendships mean the world to me and I cherish them all!  Sometimes it is just that your blogs or facebook posts are there for me to read, and others you are there for me in person.  Sometimes we all need a little encouragement, and I am so grateful for the network of friends that I have who can give me the encouragement and support (and inspiration) I need.  THANK YOU!

1 comment:

jamberry_song said...

You are the most important! Can't bead or make art if you're too tired and worn out. No worries. When things slow down again, the clay and the beads will be waiting for you. :)

P.S. The class pictures look like they were a lot of fun and what beautiful shots of the sky!!